Monday, August 23, 2010

works on paper


I have been working on Luna Toons over the summer. Dog owners order a Luna Toon on my website or from The Company of Dogs catalog and then send photos of their dog and I create a Luna Toon for them. Drawing Toons has taken me away from my painting time and also given me a "literal" mind set. I've been feeling a little "restricted" in espression, but at last I'm back at the easel creating some paintings . Some of these paintings will be available in Salt Lake City at the La Caille at the Save a Stray Soiree on Oct.9th.
I've just started down this path using some submitted photos of rescued dogs, and already my mind feels better not having to illustrate, but just have fun painting! Some of the paintings shown will be auctioned in Salt Lake, other paintings will be auctioned on our bellacompany face book page or displayed in a 2011 show I'm working on at the Carnegie Art Center in Leavenworth, KS

No comments: