Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yard Work and art work


Spring is such a wild and unpredictable time on the planet. This spring is no exception. Here in Weston, sandbags are being filled in anticipation of the rising Missouri river which, in turn, causes some local creeks to overflow their banks. We live up the hill from the flood plain so our home is not in much danger. Even though I credit myself for the flowers in our back yard, mother nature has her hand in that too. Warm sunny days mixed with cold rain days has really made the difference! All the work we have completed in the past four years seems to have made a difference. Even though we have four dogs, they very dutifully follow the paths I make for them! I'm sometimes tempted to return to my flower painting years. I gave it a try with a few small watercolors, but felt like I was just repeating myself...so, I'm headed back to dog stories I've received but haven't started yet. June 12,2011

No comments: