Friday, July 8, 2011

What makes you stop?

Just a short note. I've been working away on paper pieces for the Give Me That Dog project. I have more great stories to paint, but I also feel that I need to do some larger canvas pieces. After the Carnegie Art Center show, I came to realize that my wonderful Safari Van was not only great for hauling dogs to the lake ...it was also my way to transport large paintings. Once the van became a "clunker" I was forced to trade it in. I got a great Honda with amazing gas mileage  so that we can travel back and forth to KC without too much cost...but I could not haul large paintings...so I stopped creating them. It's very difficult to find a van although pick up trucks are every where. ....just not the best vehicle to move art around. I'm now sure that I will be finding some van that runs well even if it doesn't look great! In anticipation of this event, I'm starting work on some larger canvas pieces. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Big Shamu said...

A bad transmission on my van made me stop. You think it's hard hauling stuff in a Honda, try a Miata.

M.Mason said...

maybe a few of us should just get a gas guzzler van and then share it for projects....like hauling paintings or ? Of course, we'd have to get along a and play well together.